Common Infrastructure & Operations Platform
A modern platform for IT service delivery
- We defined and built a common platform strategy in the cloud for this Dutch manufacturing giant and delivered it for internal and external consumers.
- The brokered platform launched with six leading cloud providers (including AWS and Azure as well as niche providers), ensuring infrastructure support for IT workloads across Europe, the Americas and Asia
- The service allowed the client to meet regional and global regulations (including SOX, HIPAA, Export Controls and PCI) as they moved from supplying products to digitally enabled experiences.
A more economically viable IT approach which saved $30 million – on just the first deployment!
ClearInsight for IT Transformation
Improving IT decisions through data science
- Our client, one of the largest banks in the UK, did not know where to start or how to effectively prioritize for best return in their large-scale IT transformation.
- They had lots of data, but no information. Within ten weeks, we delivered transparency of their global footprint and options: what servers might move to the public cloud (Amazon AWS and others), the risks involved, the services they needed to procure, the IT security zones to configure and the hidden dependencies and interconnections that could undermine their success.
A solid quantitative underpinning for their IT transformation and the art of the possible… in 10 weeks.
Datacenter Transformation Program
16 data centers into two, unlocking massive value
- Progress was at a near standstill at this Dutch banking leader when we were called in.
- Our ClearMigration™ Approach, which tackled the most complex applications by overcoming the real bottlenecks to change.
- We helped our client to migrate hundreds of applications, terabytes of data and thousands of servers in record time, rapidly clearing eight data centers and in the process disentangling their legacy systems and enabling the bank to adopt new and more effective ways of working.
Underpinned a 25% reduction in costs and facilitated the $2 billion spin-out of their insurance unit.
Greenfield Bridge: Complete IT Platform Transformation
Seizing a regulatory mandate to make a wise investment in the bank’s future
- We delivered a new platform and a new IT operating model for our client, one of the largest US retail and commercial banking groups, within six months of project initiation.
- We cleared a long-standing regulatory concern about system resilience, accelerated new service delivery cycles 50 fold and enabled the bank to confidently recover failed IT applications without significant business disruption.
- Instrumental to the success of the programme was our Migration Director™ toolset, hosted in the cloud.
A 50x acceleration in change and an 83% reduction in IT infrastructure costs which have enabled the bank’s digital strategy.
Group IT Transformation
Upgrading 21st century shared services for the cloud
- Created a playbook for business-aligned shared services, encompassing both technical design and governance, driving commonality and consistency that reduced complexity, costs, and risks.
- Created and drove agreement on a Cloud Operating Model that defined the roles, responsibilities and processes that defined the relationship between enterprise shared services and their consumers for Cloud operations, in the context of the business’ goals.
- Fixed cost transparency for their Cloud implementation (primarily Azure) giving the lines of business real levers and insight into costs, drivers and the implications of their decisions.
Faster change, with lower risk of disruption, leading to a doubling of client satisfaction (NPS) with the service.
A New Bank Done Right, In The Cloud
Creating the strategic SDLC, controls and infrastructure for a large scale entry into retail banking
- Our client is building a retail bank from scratch, the modern digital way.
- They knew that they needed new thinking, so turned to Virtual Clarity to design and build a greenfield platform for cloud (AWS and others) native applications delivering market-changing new retail products.
- We created a new cloud-ready automated SDLC which will evolve over time to enable continuous deployment of new services, a set of platform controls that ensure the services are secure by design and a cloud operating model that delivers true DevOps for the enterprise.
The client, within a year, is enroute to a transformed balance sheet through digital asset aggregation….and exciting new lines of revenue!
Major E-commerce Network Transformation
A scalable and resilient platform for business growth for a top three travel E-commerce player
- Our client’s digital ambitions were matched only by the inability of their legacy systems to support the new business without disruption.
- Working in partnership, we defined a new architecture, operating model and transformation program to deliver a stable digital core, rapidly.
- The client has now increased resiliency and scalability to support a global E-commerce business that doubles in volume every 18 months and processes billions of transactions.
- The work brought together technical expertise, cultural awareness, sophisticated planning and relentless execution to accelerate the business change.
IT is on board to reduce downtime by 20x, improve end user performance by 5x and enable success in new markets.